More Tiny Puppet Clothes

March 8, 2016 / Leave a Comment

I haven't posted any of my recent puppet costume work in a hot minute! This is some office attire I made for one of the characters of the film. I had A DAY to put this outfit together for "Rem". He needed a button up shirt and a matching suit jacket, pants and vest. Oh! And let's not forget his little tie.


The most difficult part of this outfit was getting the lapels and collar looking right. It took FOREVER!! His outfit is about 50/50 between machine sewing and hand sewing. I used extremely tiny rivets I found in the garment district to make the "buttons" on his vest. All I had to do was puncture them through the fabric. I'm really happy with the way the look! I only wish I had taken more photos of the "process", but you know, trying to accomplish something like this in a day meant that I had to really focus and prioritize my time. Ha!

Now I WISH I had taken more photos for the next endeavor I encountered with this project! This is the only female character in the film and her breasts were originally sculpted with foam.


However, once you put an article of clothing on her, the foam would condense and flatten out. I tried building up more and more layers of foam and even "stuffing" her shirt. I still wasn't getting anywhere.... until I decided to make her a bandeau style bra and use some Scupley I had in my studio to give her a proper breast augmentation. It looked very funny BUT it WORKED! I only wish I had the finished photos of her outfit to prove it.

The film is really coming to life! Kristen and Laura (the brains behind the project) set up an instagram account for the film where you can see some behinds the scenes shots of their creative process. Here's a still they posted where you can see my tiny suit in action!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top